There are two types of Web editors.
1. Text-based Editor
Less user friendly
No junk HTML
Required HTML knowledge
Difficult to insert a specific tag
Cannot visualize the design
2. What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) Editor
More user friendly
Has junk HTML
No HTML knowledge needed
Easy to insert a specific tag
Easy to visualize the design
Exercise Form 5
Fill in the blanks
- There are two types of __________________ which are text-based and WYSIWYG.
- _________________________ knowledge is required for a developer to get started with a text-based web editor.
- Notepad and PSPad are examples of ______________ editors.
- WYSIWYG web editors provide an editing interface, displaying how the __________ will actually be displayed in a web browser.
- Microsoft FrontPage and Macromedia Dreamweaver are examples of ______________ web editors.